Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tell Your Children Not to Walk My Way

Ah, I remember climbing that stage for the first time, full of trepidation and a pint of Guinness, my vocal cords anxious and tight. I'd been convinced by some aging metalhead to participate in a duet. I plead my naivete: "I'm not sure, I've never done this before...," but was narrowly convinced by his promise: "You'll be fine. You can choose the song. Any song."
So it happened that for my first stab at karaoke, I sang "Mother" by Danzig.
It was glorious.
Needless to say, I almost lost control of my bladder when I first saw these:

The Three Faces of Danzig collectible dolls.
Perfection.
You've got your old school Misfits Danzig; the blood-drenched tribute to the "Samhain" album cover Danzig; and the man-beast who brought you "Mother," just plain Glenn Danzig.
At $70 dollars a pop, these Japanese-made dolls don't come cheap, but I can think of one girl who would be ecstatic to find one under her Christmukkah tree. (HINT: It's me!)
Get'm here: The 7th House

No comments: