Wednesday, November 15, 2006

!!!

As an unemployed young slacker, one of my favorite hobbies is bothering friends who have jobs while they're at work. One worker bee I can always count on for entertainment is my friend Natalie. She's a junior architect in New York, and her quirky sense of humor never fails to amuse and amaze.
So, I was excited when I got an instant message from Natalie yesterday, in the middle of her work day.

Natalie: You won't believe what I got at lunch today.
(I'm thinking, uh, a burrito. Maybe a really delicious burrito.)
Natalie: I'm going to send you a picture. Wait a sec while I scan it.
(Now I'm thinking, she went to H&M during her break again and got a new shirt. Whoopee.)

I am clearly unimaginative.
Because after a few minutes, this is what she sent me:

Look closer.

Those are taxidermied kittens, poised for a tea party.

Somebody sells postcards of this.

As it turns out, it's the incredibly creepy work of Walter Potter, who has been lovingly dubbed "one of the founding fathers of English taxidermy." "Sick, freaky eccentric," I'm tempted to add.
If you're into that sort of thing, you can see more of his, uh, "inspired" work here:
Taxidermy4Cash
I know what you're thinking, you're on the Taxidermy4Cash site all the time, but you've never seen this! Well, you're welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look like Ewoks (sp?) that dude has not skill. Vision, but no skill.

Anonymous said...

I hope this sparks a flood of "copycat" (heh) amateur cat taxidermy across the country. UGH CATS.