Saturday, November 18, 2006

Making me happy!

These random things are keeping me happy, lately. Donations of such items are graciously accepted. You don't want to see me unhappy, do you?

This is probably a boy thing, but I was never very good at gender roles, anyway. Don't read into that.

Molton Brown Recharge Black Pepper Body Wash.
It's spicy. Makes me happy in the morning. Or whenever I get around to showering.
Molton Brown

The latest entry under the topic of Canadian Music Wins:

Tokyo Police Club! If you're anything like me, you'll be dancing around your house in your undies to it. I hope you don't know where I live. Kinda reminds me of Les Savy Fav for some reason, but more dancetastic.
allmusic.com


Um, yeah, so, I really like the graphic design of this can. Yeeahh, my purchase of this product has nothing to do with how I sometimes put off showering... It IS a really cool can.
drugstore.com

Like dystopian tales? 1984? Brave New World?

Yevgeny Zamyatin was envisioning our sordid future long before, in the 1920's. Sadly, neither George Orwell nor Aldous Huxley recognized him as an influence, although it was clear that he was the originator of the genre. I'm actually revisiting this book after reading it several years ago, and it's every bit as good as I remembered.
amazon.com

This wouldn't be a list of Things That Keep Jess Happy without a mention of booze.

The other night, I had a very unique glass of wine - Emilio Bulfon Piculit Neri. This specific grape was thought to be extinct until an old man found it growing in his backyard a few years ago. The Bulfon Winery began to cultivate it, and now it has matured into a really amazing, dry derivitave of Pinot Noir. The grape is particularly small, so the first sip will knock you out with it's intensity. Thanks to Burton at the Kitchen for the tutelage on my new wine fixation.
The Corkscrew

You can thank me later for increasing your level of happiness, too.

No comments: